Sunday, November 13, 2011

Easy to make name banner

birthday or baby room banner with childs name scallopedEasy to make name banner

Every child likes to see their name. I was working on some party stuff for my niece and decided to make her a name banner also.
These can be made from paper, fabric or felt.
First, I created an eri*doodle scalloped cutter file, which you can buy here for .99




scalloped felt cut out 9 inches

letters for banner cut on cutter cricutUsing my cutter, cut the scalloped square out of felt. The wall-mart thin felt worked, but stiffened felt would be better.

Next I cut 2 bandanas into squares 1 inch smaller than scalloped square then cut them down further using pinking shears then sewed each square using a zigzag stitch leaving raw edge exposed.

clip cornerNext I again used my cutter and cut vinyl letters out and burnished them down for good contact. I also added horses at ends to match her theme. These are simple, but you can add as much as you can dream up.

In the top corners, I folded them in half and cut a slit slightly larger than ribbon. Threaded ribbon through and tied a loose bow.  At the ends, I tied a knot to create a loop for hanging.
How adorable would this be in a baby room?




No comments:

Post a Comment

A big eridoodle hug for your comment.